Wednesday 29 April 2009

Sydney

Nick on the yacht


Steph, Blake, Nick and I


After leaving Coff's Harbour, we took an overnight bus to Sydney. This was actrually better than expected, apart from about 5:30 in the morning, I started getting dripped on. Apparently, water had got into the air conditioning unit, and due to the motion of the bus, whenever we turned a corner the water would come out the air vent. Onto my head. Nick found this amusing; I did not!!

So anyway, we got to Sydney and eventually found our hostel, after a couple of wrong turns. Our friends who we had met in New Zealand were also staying at this hostel, and we were put in the same room. We had 10 days in Sydney, and spent this time relaxing and not doing much - we visited the botanical gardens, the opera house and the bridge, and that was about all the culture we got! We also went to the cinema to see '17 again' and drank a lot of goon and free champagne (at least, I did). The highlight of our time in Sydney was probably sailing with Warwick and Tracy, and having a pie afterwards (Nick claims it was the best pie he had ever tasted!). I would agree that Australians do good pies.

2 comments:

  1. I WANT PIE!!!
    and i thought u didnt like pie that much?
    and it is steph, blake, nick and me, not i
    cos u would say thats me not thats i
    17 again has that guy in High school musical (gay film-dont no how they got three out) but looks okay
    love the pics, wish i was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever. me, I, myself, it's all the same :P
    yeah I don't usually like pie but this was different. It was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete